Homemade Peanut-Free Nutter Butters! MMMmmmmm!

HOME MADE PEANUT-FREE NUTTER BUTTERS


So... thanks to the Facebook, a recipe came my way for Homemade Nutter Butters.... WHA?!?!  Yes!  That sounds AMAZING!  We haven't had much peanut butter stuff in the past few years, because our son is allergic.  So common.  I know.  The kids eat "fake peanut butter" all the time, in the form of WOWBUTTER... we tried all sorts of other brands... but none of them took... they didn't like 'em.  We dads didn't really love any of the options... 

....but then we found WOWBUTTER... 

which is SO delicious and SO convincing that I kept reading and re-reading the label because I was CERTAIN I'd accidentally bought an ACTUAL peanut product.... I hadn't... but I digress....



       Here we go!  


I just got back from a 5 mile run, and was SO pleased with myself that I decided to make these AMAZING-looking cookies I saw on the Facebook!

So... following this post at NoBiggie  I decided to make a version that works for my family!

The kids were SO excited about these cookies.  When I yelled "anyone wanna help me make fake peanut butter cookies?!?!?!" I was greeted with enthusiastic "no thanks!" (Sam was on his DS and O was making some giant creation with twine... who knows?!)

But you can BET they're already begging to eat them....




The recipe explains it's a THREE INGREDIENT PB COOKIE!  I was skeptical.



I'm now a believer.  I made the dough in about 1 minute.

I followed the directions to make the official Nutter Butter shape... so I rolled 1 inch balls into little logs, then I pressed them with a fork in one direction, pinched the middles, then pressed them again with a fork cross-wise.... they look GREAT!

(I decided to skip rolling the logs in sugar... because the whole recipe IS sugar... so I didn't think we'd miss it.  I was right.)

Baked 'em up in no time!  I tried to make sure each one had a same-size friend to make the whole sandwich-cookie situation easy... I got pretty darn close.



Next up... the whipped PB FLUFF filling.... WOWBUTTER is a little creamier in my opinion that your garden variety peanut butter... so I added a little more powdered sugar and only used 1 TBSP of milk to get a wonderfully creamy, silky texture for my inner fluff-cream.













Then, rather than spreading, I decided to put the filling in a zippy sandwich bag, cut the corner and goosh it out.... 

















...I went to work...


The baggie-goosh technique is VERY easy and these were done in NO TIME!

 







Next up.... TESTERS!  Now, the kids came a'runnin'! 




Of course my son picked the biggest one.  My daughter landed somewhere in the middle.


YUMMMMMM!!!!!!

Okay... so the kids were sold... but I gotta tell you - these are EXTREMELY rich.... so they didn't even finish theirs... we saved them for later!

I had no problem knocking mine back in about three bites!

Super delicious! I am so surprised at how easy these were! 

My husband finally got back from HIS jog... and is going for a cookie.... I just got the ol' eye-roll of disbelief.  He's a happy camper! 

"So good." was all he could get out.



           All in all, a WIN!  We sure do love treats in this house! 
        And I LOVE to bake!  I'll totally be making these again!!!!!  



Have a great day!

#MakeSomething!






Comments

  1. No one wants to help?? Maybe some Little Red Hen response would have changed their minds. (Except I'd be secretly happy to be in the kitchen alone anyway!) Those look delish.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog